TINY HOUSES – Building with recycling materials
Building with recycling materials
Plastic bottles house for school clubs- (Be creative as you can)
Plastics are the most useful materials invented by humans, and have brought great convenience to our daily lives but not without problems. Inappropriate disposal of waste plastics has caused serious environmental problems. Over the past decade, microplastic debris in both marine and freshwater systems have become an emerging issue.
While plastic has many valuable uses, we have become addicted to single-use or disposable plastic — with severe environmental consequences.Around the world, one million plastic drinking bottles are purchased every minute, while 5 trillion single-use plastic bags are used worldwide every year. In total, half of all plastic produced is designed to be used only once — and then thrown away.UNEP, www.unep.org/interactive/beat-plastic-pollution
Although Tanzania has vast coastlines and the world’s largest freshwater lakes, the extent of microplastics presence in the aquatic environment remains largely unreported. Data from volunteer beach cleanups in Dar es Salaam areas show that typically more than 70% of anthropogenic litter along the beaches is comprised of plastics. Due to human pressures, increased urbanization, coupled with general inadequate awareness, the potential for microplastic pollution is high. Mitigation of the effects of this pollution requires efforts from various interested stakeholders, including the local communities.
AfriCraft NGO has implemented a solution for handling plastic bottle pollution by constructing the plastic bottles into a space for creativity (house). This is made out of plastic bottles which is an area of crafting, arts and innovation in plastic bottles upcycling at Coco beach in Dar es salaam as a space for local beach entrepreneurs to do crafting and learn on skills development. This plastic bottle Banda will allow the students to come up with amazing skills and it will be a safe space for them to interact, socialize and learn.
What Problem are we addressing?
Innovative ideas on building and construction with alternative materials like recycled plastics and glass bottles as well as raffia.
- Construction with alternative materials is demonstrated
- Trash is transformed into useful building products
- Showcases for waste management are created
school classes particularly and the society in general
Creativity House made out of plastic bottles
– Designing various types of tiny houses made out of recycling material
– Training young people and students on alternative construction methods
– Promoting the tiny house project to interested parties
– Implementing the building activities such as plastic bottle creativity classroom with school children’s participation (Bongoyo Primary School)
– Various communal trash collection centres in Dar es Salaam out of plastic bottles example one implemented by Nipe Fagio
– Glass bottle sales stall (Red & White wine company)
– Teachers house made out of raphia wood (Kigamboni private primary school)
– Various small houses made out of various recycling materials (Hyatt Regency Hotel)
Are you interested with our innovation?
We are creating tiny houses using plastic, glass bottles and Raffia. For further information, please write to us via email at email@example.com.